If you have a feline friend at home, you should consider getting an automatic litter box. While traditional litter boxes work effectively, you are eventually exposed to the toxins found in the poop. Add to that, the odor can be really unpleasant. An automatic litter box is designed for a self-cleaning setup, where the waste is sifted out of the litter. Cleaning up is always easy, and you don’t have to deal with the foul smell either.
Here’s what you need to know about automatic litter boxes.
There are a number of known brands that sell automatic litter boxes, but again every product is different, so doing some initial homework always comes handy. In terms of design, some boxes come with a hood, while others are open. It depends on what kind of traditional setup you have for your cat, but even pets don’t like an unhealthy box that’s filled with old poop. The idea is to find a product that’s self-cleaning, easy to maintain, durable and effectively works for your pet.
Quick things to check
- The first obvious consideration is the price. Branded automatic litter boxes are expensive for the right reasons. You can get at least one -year warranty on the product, which is amazing again.
- Durability and setup are the next two factors on the list. A good automatic litter box should last for a couple for years at the minimum. It should be easy to use and install, as well, given that it can be used by more than one person in the house.
- The size of the litter box is more important when you have two cats or more in the house. Some are big enough, while others can be small and hooded – just like what many cats prefer. Check the dimensions before buying the product.
- Does the automatic litter box get rid of odor? This is one of the many reasons why cat owners invest in such products in the first place.
- The material of which the box is made is also something worth considering. Eventually, automatic litter boxes should be easy to maintain and clean.
Check online to find the best deals on litter boxes, depending on the pros and cons. Consider the brand, and there are some amazing review sites that can help in comparing products better, so check for those, as well. Buy the right automatic litter box now!